Stand mixers are multi-purpose kitchen tools that allow you to prepare artistic and delectable baked products with no excessive strain. As a result of their rich collections of features, very good stand frames simplify home baking, improve the cooking experience, and also provide you with more time to enjoy doing what you really love.
In comparison with hand mixers, these helpful devices are usually a lot stronger and may handle a broader variety of cooking jobs. From mixing cake batter into mixing cooking dough to whipping cream, to loaf bread and bread doughs, the best stand mixer can do it all, simply and immediately.
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s a stand mixer?
- 2 Things to look for when purchasing a stand mixer
- 3 Top Rated 12 Best Stand Mixers Brands
- 3.1 Best Overall/Best Rated: KitchenAid Artisan Collection 5-Quart Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield
- 3.2 Runner-up, Best Total: Cuisinart SM-50BC Precision Master 5.5-Quart Stand Mixer
- 3.3 Best Mixer for the Serious Bread Baker: Ankarsrum Original Mixer
- 3.4 Best Deal Stand Mixer: AmazonBasics Multi-Speed Stand Mixer
- 3.5 Best Value: Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer
- 3.6 Best Budget-Friendly: Dash Stand Mixer
- 3.7 Best Splurge: Ankarsrum Original Kitchen Machine
- 3.8 Best High-End: Wolf Gourmet High-Performance Stands Mixer
- 3.9 Best for Beginners: Aucma 6.5-Quart Stand Mixer
- 3.10 Best Bowl-Lift: KitchenAid Pro Line Series 7-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer
- 3.11 Best Large Ability: SanLidA 9.5-Quart Stand Mixer
- 3.12 Best Design: SMEG 50’s Retro Style 5 qt. Stand Mixer with Stainless Steel Bowl
- 4 Conclusion
What’s a stand mixer?
A rack mixer – also referred to as a food mixer, utilizes a rotating mechanism to perform repetitive kitchen jobs. As a result of the numerous attachments and large capacity of the bowl, they excel in creating sandwiches, kneading dough, thumping and whisking, and operate much more efficiently than food processors in this regard (though the two are sometimes confused because they have a comparable spinning movement).
Stand mixers have a hinged primary body using an output for various attachments, usually whisks, beaters, and dough hooks, even though you can often update and purchase a wide assortment of attachments. They’re proven to whisk egg whites, whip up the dough, and cream butter exceptionally fast. They generally have easy speed settings and are simple to operate. They are a medium-sized appliance, taking up around as much distance as a toaster or blender.
Things to look for when purchasing a stand mixer
Like heaps baking for cake earnings? You will want a bigger bowl capacity and possibly a more potent mechanism that will float through more significant volumes of the mixture. Purchase the largest machine you can spend and will fit in your kitchen.
Stand mixers can work hard with the proper attachments, including everything from pasta noodles to sausage manufacturers. Study the variety of bolt-on accessories available if you would like to regularly use your device for a lot of kitchen jobs.
If you are short on counter space and are hauling the rack mixer and out of storage, then bear in mind that a number of them may be too hefty. If you fight with your spine, this can be a substantial consideration.
Value for money
There is no point splashing out on a gadgety system with assorted accessories if you will use it to make real cakes.
Top Rated 12 Best Stand Mixers Brands
Best Overall/Best Rated: KitchenAid Artisan Collection 5-Quart Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield
KitchenAid is a culinary superstar, also for a good reason. The newest introduced the rack mixer into American houses back in 1919 and has held a dedicated following ever since. Its celebrated Artisan collection 5-Quart Stand Mixer is a kitchen classic, designed with ten rates and a strong motor to whip, knead, and combine components readily.
The machine accommodates over ten distinct attachments, includes a tilt-head layout for simple bowl access, also features an advanced hub that transforms the rack mixer into an assortment of tools, such as an ice cream maker, pasta maker, and spiralizer. Additionally, it is worth mentioning that KitchenAid’s mixers come in a rainbow of 47 colors, from Blue Velvet to Matte Dried Rose, which varies in cost.
Professionals and home bakers both swear by their KitchenAid Artisan mixers. It not only boasts over 25,000 five-star testimonials on its site, but it’s additionally Amazon’s best-rated standalone mixer. Consumers praise the appliance because of its flexibility and durability, stating it is well worth the investment.
One wrote the way that it gave her the confidence to begin baking at age 60: “It’s a BEAST of a professional-grade machine which takes all of the hard work from mixing, mixing, creaming, whipping, kneading… and also a cinch to wash up after all the whirring and blurring is completed! I find myself consciously searching new and enjoyable things to attempt [using it].”
- 【POWERFUL MOTOR & VARIABLE SPEED CONTROL】 660W high performance pure copper motor and sturdy ABS housing; 6 optimized speeds with pulse function, access to multipurpose and a variety of recipes. More powerful motor but lower operation noise ≤76dB.
- 【6.5Qt LARGE CAPACITY BOWL WITH HANDLES】 6.5QT Stainless steel bowl can meet all your kitchen needs. The Stand Mixer is easy to use for making cakes, breads, cookies, pastry, muffins and waffle, and the dual handles are more convenient to hold.
- 【TILT-HEAD & OUTSIDE DESIGN】 The tilt-head design mixer allows access to install or uninstall bowl and accessories easily. The mixer has a stainless steel decoration belt and blue LED light as power indicator. The mixer housing with ONE LAYER PAINTING make it look more shining and beautiful in your kitchen.
- 【MULTIPLE ATTACHMENT SET】 Aucma stand mixer comes with three mixing accessories: whisk, dough hook, mixing beater.The splash guard with access hatch helps add ingredients without making a mess.
- 【IDEAL GIFT & MULTIPLE AUTHENTICATION】Aucma electric mixer is a perfect gift idea for your family and friends. Please always feel free to contact us if you have any questions during using.
Runner-up, Best Total: Cuisinart SM-50BC Precision Master 5.5-Quart Stand Mixer
Cheaper compared to our high pick but using a similar tilt-back motorhead layout; this Cuisinart stand mixer is a superb selection for novice bakers, manufacturer devotees, or anybody who wants to save a couple of bucks on a rack mixer without sacrificing power or quality.
It is constructed of steel, includes a 500-watt engine, and maybe managed at 12 distinct speeds with the turn of a dial. It features a 5.5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl, which features lots of cakes, biscuits, and bread, and features a whisk, dough hook, level mixing paddles, and splash shield with pouring spout.
Clients who picked the Cuisinart more expensive stand frames have not regretted the option; they state it is lasting, built to survive, and compliments its silent yet strong functionality. It is available in six colors to match many different kitchen decorations and endorsed with a 3-year limited guarantee.
Best Mixer for the Serious Bread Baker: Ankarsrum Original Mixer
The Swedish-designed Ankarsrum was the sole mixer I analyzed that was not modeled on the fundamental KitchenAid design. Instead, it resembles something which may winch a ship from a river. Winching ships is not recorded in the user guide. Still, I’d hardly be surprised if the Ankarsrum, which can be designed and promoted as a mixer, particularly for breadmakers, can take action.
The system is super strong, and this supposed it done especially well-kneading challah dough. Additionally, it is ideal for making bread due to its dimensions: The ample 7-liter mixing bowl may easily have accommodated enough bread to produce big loaves of challah. The Ankarsrum includes quite a few breed-specific attachments, such as one that will grind your pasta for you, going to flake grains for oatmeal, along with muesli one is going to press berries.
As it is so different in design from the typical mixer, a learning curve is associated with using this system (Ankarsrum’s site has many educational videos). The body of this machine is a type of platform, over which rises a sturdy metallic arm. It includes two bowls-one stainless steel, which looks like the canister of an ice cream manufacturer, and one hardy plastic particularly for use with all the double-whisk attachment.
Particular attachments, such as the meat grinder and vegetable shredder, phone for you to flip the machine on its side, and a few attachments match to the metallic arm, but some match to the machine’s platform. The attachments are unknown, and the mixer’s interface is not exactly intuitive (by way of instance, there are two dials: one that is a timer and one that adjusts the electricity level). After I learned to utilize the machine, however, it grew on me.
Another crystal clear drawback is the cost: At more than 700, it is not feasible for many home bakers. Most home bakers do not need a mixer, which feels as though it would be equally at home in a commercial bakery. Nonetheless, if you are seriously interested in bread (or bake in huge batches), it is a powerhouse machine that will probably enable you to flip out innumerable excellent loaves.
- VERSATILE: Sweet or savory, the Dash Stand mixer is your perfect kitchen accessory for frosting, meringue, creamy dressings, doughs, baked goods and more
- COMPACT: Weighing less than 5lbs, and standing only 125” tall, the Dash Stand Mixer fits underneath most kitchen cabinets Perfect for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, or limited countertop space
- 6 SPEED: This portable, compact mixer packs a punch with a 250watt motor and 6 different speed options ranging low to high to whip, beat or knead with even, uniform results
- MESS FREE: The fully tilting motor head makes removing the mixing bowl and ejecting the beaters or dough hooks easy No more mess! Plus, the retro design, and variety of trendy colors options will accent any kitchen
- INCLUDES: Dash Stand Mixer is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a 3qt stainless steel mixing bowl, 2 dough hooks, 2 mixer beaters, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe)
Best Deal Stand Mixer: AmazonBasics Multi-Speed Stand Mixer
An heirloom this stand mixer isn’t: It is loud, made entirely of plastic (save for the 4.5-liter mixing bowl and attachments), and equipped with unsightly suction cups that fasten it to the counter. Moreover, the bowl features a handle, which makes it tricky to fasten and eliminate.
Nevertheless, I had been surprised by how powerful the system was. It performed well in blending both cake batter and challah recipes; it did not struggle with all the thick bread dough in any respect and warmed up just a bit throughout the seven-minute knead (the winning system, the KitchenAid Artisan, also did). If you are just an occasional baker (or if you want a lightweight model that is easy to shop and pull from the cupboard only once you require it), this is a fantastic alternative for you.
Best Value: Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer
To get a strong stand mixer in a fraction of the cost, elect Hamilton Beach’s machine. It features a 300-watt motor and the same planetary mixing spinning as a KitchenAid to integrate ingredients into dough and batter completely.
Choose between distinct speeds, such as a gentle fold setting; the gadget’s non-slip feet maintain the mixer out of rocking because it functions. Moreover, Hamilton Beach has a splash shield, dough hook, whisk, and flat beater for many baking projects. Its own four-quart stainless steel bowl is dishwasher-safe for simple cleaning.
Thousands of shoppers, including hundreds who gave the mixers five stars on Amazon, swear by the appliance’s effectiveness. Reviewers say it is a fantastic deal with as much blending power as a KitchenAid. “I simply didn’t need to pay $400 and for a second KitchenAid, and was eager to come across the Hamilton Beach to get a fifth the cost,” one reviewer stated. “It does all I want a rack mixer to perform. And while it does not possess the energy pulse, I never used this feature, even if I had it. Therefore, I do not miss it.”
- Same Mixing Action as Kitchenaid Mixers*. Planetary Mixing Action Rotates the Beaters Around the 3. 5 Quart, Stainless Steel Bowl, for Even and Complete Bowl Coverage. No Scraping Necessary.
- Baking With Ease: Effortlessly MIX Thick Batters and Doughs Like Breads, Cookies and More With a Powerful, 300w Motor.
- 6 Speeds With Fold Setting: Six Speeds Let You Go From a Slow Stir to a Fast Whip, With Precise Control at Each Level. Plus, a Special Fold Setting Lets You Gently Add Ingredients Without Over-Mixing.
- Tilt-Up Head: Provides Optimal Bowl Access to Easily Add Ingredients and Quickly Change Attachments.
- Mixing Versatility: Includes Dough Hook, Whisk and Flat Beater. All Three Attachments Are Dishwasher-Safe.
Best Budget-Friendly: Dash Stand Mixer
When most stand pellets price $100 or more, Dash’s three-quart machine is priced just below $50, weighing only five pounds, the small gadget is not difficult to lift off and on the countertop but still packs a punch with its 25-watt motor. It comprises two dough hooks and wire beaters to whip meringues, cream butter easily, knead cookie dough, and. Its stainless steel jar corrects accordingly. All of the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
Over 2,900 Amazon shoppers have contributed that the Dash Stand Mixer an ideal score, saying it is excellent for simple baking projects. “When I watched how cheap this adorable mixer was, I simply had to purchase it (I have been on the lookout for you ),” an individual wrote. “It is ideal for what I will use it for, biscuits and cupcake mix largely, but also things such as mashing potatoes.”
Best Splurge: Ankarsrum Original Kitchen Machine
If you are prepared for a top-of-the-line mixer for exceptional baking, then Ankarsrum’s authentic Kitchen Machine is a wonderful option. The Swedish-designed appliance is a favorite of baking pros at King Arthur Baking, which requires the machine that the”gold standard of mixers for bread baking.”
Made of exceptionally sturdy steel and chrome, the 600-watt mixer is sufficiently strong to combine heavy doughs and yeasted bread without overheating. Moreover, the Ankarsrum’s unique motor-in-base layout gives several benefits: It retains the mixer out of rocking because it functions, makes it a lot easier to add ingredients into the bowl, also means that the machine fits handily beneath overhead cabinets.
What is more, the foundation turns on its side to change into a vast array of other kitchen gear, such as a batter, a blender, a grinder, and a pasta manufacturer.
The Ankarsrum Original Kitchen Machine is so popular that it has earned a remarkable 4.7-star evaluation from countless reviewers that say the unit is strong, durable, and high-quality. “After burning my third KitchenAid for house usage, mainly bread making, I gave up,”
A reviewer who’s a professional baker wrote. “After exploring all the choices, I eventually bit the bullet and bought the Ankarsrum. And, as is ordinarily the case, I must have completed it two KitchenAids past. It functions effortlessly through thick dough and functions just like a dream through all of my other blending tasks.”
Read also: Best Hand Mixer 2021: Top Full Guide, Review
Best High-End: Wolf Gourmet High-Performance Stands Mixer
Famous for their high-end kitchen appliances, Wolf made this stand mixer, which marries quality, layout, and functionality, which will wow anyone seeking to splurge on a top-notch stand mixer. The mixer is constructed of brushed stainless steel for a professional, contemporary appearance.
It is outfitted with a 7-quart bowl plus a 500-watt engine, potent enough to knead thick bread doughs. Also, it includes a flat beater, dough hook, whisk, and splatter shield. Added food processing accessories may connect to the tilt engine mind and are sold individually.
Particular features that assist this mixer stand from the remainder comprise a patent-pending bowl elevator, which lets you adjust the mixing bowl’s elevation with just a twist of the bowl handle and a heartbeat choice for gentle mixing. If you go for this mixer, you will need to be certain to have a dedicated area to keep it because it is heavy at nearly 30 lbs and measures approximately 18 inches tall by 18 inches deep.
- Large 5.5 - quart capacity, polished stainless steel bowl
- Powerful 500 watt motor, Die cast metal construction
- 12 speeds for precision mixing & tilt back head allows easy access to bowl
- One Power outlet for optional attachments
- Chef's whisk, dough hook, and flat mixing paddle, splash guard w/pour spout
Best for Beginners: Aucma 6.5-Quart Stand Mixer
New bakers who need comfy dinner rolls or magnificent layer cakes should begin with a flexible, dependable mixer. That is where Aucma’s 6.5-Quart Stand Mixer comes from. The device is Amazon’s option for stand frames and features a heavy-duty engine and easy-to-use rate dial for outstanding outcomes.
From gradually mixing in luminous ingredients such as nuts to rapidly whipping egg whites, Aucma’s stand mixer is flexible enough for a wide selection of recipes. Its double-handed stainless steel bowl is spacious enough for large batches, and also, the appliance includes a beater, dough hook, and then simmer for all of your baking projects. Additionally, non-slip feet maintain the machine secure as it functions.
One happy customer wrote, “Since Covid began, my 14-year-old was learning a lot of new recipes. This mixer is ideal for her. In only a couple of short days, she has made bagels, French bread, and biscotti. Happily, we’ve got a lot of neighbors to discuss with… quite simple to use and wash.”
Best Bowl-Lift: KitchenAid Pro Line Series 7-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer
As soon as you end up working on more critical projects that could otherwise need a couple of batches at a more compact mixer, then it may be time to upgrade to a stand mixer with a bigger bowl capability and a little more power. The KitchenAid 7-quart Pro-Line is trusted and used by professional pastry kitchens and bakeries everywhere.
Rather than the tilt-head layout, this professional version retains the mixing bowl arms, which have been raised and lowered around the blending attachment using a lever on this machine’s face.
While not accessible in as many colors as a few of the more compact versions, the Pro-Line nevertheless comes from the most well-known colors (Black, Silver, Red) that fit just about any kitchen. This version sports all-metal fittings and gears inside, rather than the plastic ones located on lower-end versions.
As with all KitchenAid stand mixers, the attachment hub on the machine’s leading will adapt any other versions’ attachments. A 1.3-horsepower engine makes mixing milder doughs more suitable, such as thick cookie doughs more convenient, including thick cookie doughs and even a single batch of thick bagel dough.
Best Large Ability: SanLidA 9.5-Quart Stand Mixer
However, many batches of cookies that you need to consume; this monster system can deal with the heat. Using its 9.5-quart mixing bowl and ten-speed variety, the SanLidA stand mixer is a kitchen workhorse. The powerful machine features a 660-watt engine, a tilt-head layout, and a pouring shield to prevent splatters and messes. Additionally, the bowl is dishwasher-safe, which makes cleanup a snap.
Amazon reviewers state that the stand mixer is a great size for large baking projects and enhance the system’s thoughtful design features. “The mixing bowl is nice and big,” an individual stated. “It’s a handle that is excellent for pouring batters. Additionally, there’s a locking feature when placing the bowl, so it doesn’t move.”
Read also: Best 10 Qt Mixer 2021: Top Brands Review
- VERSATILE: The Delish by Dash Stand mixer is the perfect kitchen accessory for the budding baker or home cook looking to mix, beat, cream, or whip something up—sweet or savory
- COMPACT: Weighing less than 5lbs, and standing only 10.5” tall, the Dash Stand Mixer fits underneath most kitchen cabinets. Perfect for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, or limited countertop space
- TILTING HEAD: The tilting motor head makes removing the stainless steel mixing bowl and ejecting the beaters or dough hooks easy. No more mess! Plus, the retro design, and variety of trendy colors options will accent any kitchen
- ADJUSTABLE SLIDE: Move the bowl from side to side so you can add or reincorporate ingredients while mixing
- INCLUDES: Delish by Dash Stand Mixer is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a 3.5 qt stainless steel mixing bowl, 2 dough hooks & 2 mixer beaters (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe)
Best Design: SMEG 50’s Retro Style 5 qt. Stand Mixer with Stainless Steel Bowl
While the timeless KitchenAid stand mixer layout is iconic, the SMEG Retro Style stand mixer is entirely trendy. Offered in a palette of retro colors that coordinate with another mid-century appliance SMEG produces. Supposed to be a fixture on your countertops, these Italian rack frames aren’t just appealing but healthy with a 600-watt motor along with a 5-quart bowl capability.
Such as the KitchenAid stand mixers, the SMEG stand mixer includes a heartbeat on the front along with also a line-up of attachments, such as several pasta nozzles, grinder, and slicer attachments. An ice cream skillet can also be available. This tilt-head version’s features include ten rates, whisk, beater, dough hook attachments, detachable pouring shield, and weighted enough to prevent walking around the counter while blending.
Overall, stand frames are must-have appliances for almost any contemporary kitchen. The ideal stand mixer ought to have a hefty base so it does not rock around when coping with heavy-duty jobs. In addition, it must supply the ideal quantity of electricity for kneading thick dough, effectively mixing the batter, and whipping cream or egg whites – Great, dependable stand mixers are not inexpensive, but if you cook and bake a whole lot, they are perfectly worth the investment in the long term.
Last update on 2020-12-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API