With such a name, it could only be a very fresh and fruity cocktail. The Miami Vice is a granita-type cocktail served most of the time in a tulip glass. The other particularity of this sweet cocktail is its color, or rather its two colors: white and red. Served in granita with lots of ice, the Miami Vice is a refreshing cocktail and really ideal for beautiful days in the sun. Probably invented in Miami, it is difficult to trace the history of this classic. But we can assure you, however, that the Miami Vice does not come from the cult series of the same name broadcast in the late 80s.
- 6 cl of Cuban rum (havana club, bacardi)
- 3 cl pina colada syrup
- 2 cl lime juice
- 4 cl strawberry syrup
- 1 tulip glass
- 1 mixer
- Make the recipe “Miami Vice” in the mixer.
- Mix the strawberry syrup, the juice of a lime and half the rum (3 cl) in a blender with a few ice cubes. Blend until a granita texture (frozen) is obtained. Pour into glass
Mix the rest of the rum (3 cl) and the pina colada syrup with a few ice cubes again until a granite texture is obtained.
Pour over the other mixture.
- Serve in a “tulip glass” type glass.
- Pour a little strawberry syrup on top.
The Miami Vice is very popular in Cancun.